RE: [squid-users] Current Performance?

From: Dennis <dennis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 12:41:51 -0500

At 11:31 AM 12/05/2001, you wrote:
>So it would be correct to say that this limitation could be overcome by
>multiple squid boxes and a load balancer? I understand that that's a
>workaround, but if an organization can afford to have 10Mbit or greater
>bandwidth, they can afford an extra $2-3k box and a layer 3/4 switch/load
>balancer.
>
>-Aaron

You dont really need to load balance...you just need to send different
traffic to different caches....whether by source address or dest address or
whatever. Ideally you'd want to avoid duplication if possible, so dest
address would be better I think.

The setup you suggest may exceed the cost of simply buying a higher
performing product.

Dennis