RE: [squid-users] Current Performance?

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 09:03:38 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

Have you looked at "balance". Here's an excerpt from its man page:

       Balance is a simple, generic "userland" TCP proxy, which
       allows simple round robin load balancing and failover
       between serveral destinations.

       Balance is available at http://balance.sourceforge.net.

If you put balance on a box that did nothing else and configured the
browsers to use it as their proxy and it handed off to several squids you
might get a cheap effective solution. Of course it requires the "balancer"
to have the throughput required to service multiple squids. If it's doing
nothing else I'd suspect this to not be a problem.

Colin