Re: [squid-users] Current Performance?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 01:12:42 +0100

Using a TCP proxy has the drawback that the users IP addresses will be
hidden from the real proxy. All will appear as if coming from the server
running the TCP proxy.

Another alternative is to use a "TCP loadbalancer / L4 switch", such as
Linux Virtual Server <http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org>. LVS also have
the neat feature that the load balancer can be clustered among your farm
members, eleminating the need of a separate load balancing component...

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker