[squid-users] Re: SSL: Unsopported Request Method and protocol

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 00:57:24 +0100

Squid (all versions) supports proxying/tunnelling of SSL using the
CONNECT method.

No Squid versions supports acting as a HTTP->https gateway to "SSL
enable non-SSL clients".

If you receive the message below using a SSL enabled browser configured
to use the proxy then your browser is buggy and forgets to SSL encrypt
some https traffic. At least some versions of Netscape 3.x is known to
have such bugs.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker