[squid-users] Squid off-line

From: Chris Kleinschmidt <christopherk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:40:07 +1000

Is it possible to run 2 copies of squid, one on-line and
one set to purely off-line browsing, off the same cache.

I realise it is not possible to run 2 on-line copies of
squid off same cache. Does an off-line squid actually change
any files in the cache (which would make it impossible
to do what I suggest)?

I would like to do this to restrict students to ONLY what
is in the cache. Redirects to the on-line squid copy could
then be done for content that needs to be active (like
web-based e-mail). Our ISP provides this sort of access.

On another question, is there a program anywhere that indexes
what is in the cache, for searching.

--
C.M.Kleinschmidt
christopherk@optusnet.com.au