RE: [squid-users] Stats-script or program for squid-logs

From: Andreas Piesk <apiesk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:10:08 +0100

> I'm looking for at script or program that can sort the sites (eg.
> www.google.com) after how much traffic counted in megabytes
> the clients has
> requested and I'm also looking for a script or program that
> can do the same
> for the clients.
>
> I have looked more or less all the loganalysers though that I
> could find at
> http://www.squid-cache.org/scripts/ but i could not find what
> I'm looking
> for.
> I doesn't matter what the output is and how it looks. It
> should just be
> possible to see what sites and clients uses in traffic
> through the proxy.

should be easy using perl. run through the log and build a hash with
key = sites and values = amount of traffic. do the same with the clients.

something like that: (it seems to work, but test for yourself:)

-----------
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;

my ( %SITES, %CLIENTS, $key );

while( <> )
{
  if(
/^\d+\.\d+\s*\d+\s*([\d\.]+)\s+\w+\/\d+\s+(\d+)\s+GET\s+http:\/\/([^\s]+?)\/
.*$/ )
  {
    $SITES{$3}+=$2;
    $CLIENTS{$1}+=$2;
  }
}

foreach $key (keys %SITES) {
  printf "site: $key amount: $SITES{$key} bytes\n";
}

foreach $key (keys %CLIENTS) {
  printf "client: $key amount: $CLIENTS{$key} bytes\n";
}

ciao -ap

System Administration
VIRBUS AG