Re: [squid-users] hotmail yahoo transparent proxy

From: Account For Cache Group <cachemail@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 09:43:13 +0330 (IRT)

yahoo and hotmail use https (http based on ssl) for authentication.
you can add following rule:

ipchains -A forward -p tcp -d 0/0 443 -j MASQ
be sure to set following fields, if your proxy machine has only on
ethernet card:
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/send_redirects
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/send_redirects

Mahmoud Taghizadeh