[squid-users] SNMP for Squid

From: Anton <qiubec@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:27:50 +0700

Hi all,

I'm using RH 7.2 and using the Squid Cache: Version 2.4.STABLE1 for my cache
machine. I'm install MRTG for monitoring my proxy cache hits, and configure
my squid.conf to open the snmp port for squid 3401. At my mrtg config line i
just put target to monitoring Cache Hits and Cache Sever below:

#Cache Hits Target

#Cache Server Target

The target just work for Cache Server, but for Cache Hits i found the error
below :

sh-2.05# ./mrtg squid.cfg
SNMP Error:
Received SNMP response with error code
  error status: noSuchName
  index 2 (OID:
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "localhost" [].3401)
                  community: "public"
                 request ID: 539650052
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)
 at /SNMP_util.pm line 450
SNMPGET Problem for cacheHttpHits cacheClientHttpRequests on
 at ./mrtg line 1916
SNMPGET: Failed to reach target:
"cacheHttpHits&cacheClientHttpRequests:public@localhost:3401". I tried
multiple times! public@localhost:3401