Re: [squid-users] Include Files

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:30:43 +0100

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 07:20:49AM -0500,
 Brian E. Seppanen <seppy@chartermi.net> wrote
 a message of 19 lines which said:

> Does the squid config allow include files?

I don't think it is a good idea to stuff many features in the
configuration file parsing while you can use a generic solution (M4 is
the obvious one).

> I would like to standardize the configuration files for a number of proxy
> servers, but there is information within the config that I cannot
> standardize and is unique.

Write a generic configuration file with a:

include(`HOST.conf')

in it and run M4 for each proxy:

for proxy in alpha beta gamma; do
   m4 -DHOST=$proxy generic.conf > full-$host.conf
done

> Has anyone found a means of implementing revision control in their squid
> configs?

And this approach allow easy CVSisation.