Re: [squid-users] Squid child of MS-Proxy: is it possible?

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:01:39 +0100

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 16:28, Roberto Inzerillo wrote:

> The problem comes now tryng to understand how can it be done. I'm
> not very aknowledged about parent-sibling design. Reading
> documentation seems that squid makes use of some kind of hirarchy
> that is strictly bound to squid caches. It does not seem that squid
> could make use of a proxy connection for "talking" to the outside
> if it's not a squid cache too. Am I wrong?

See the Squid FAQ on how to configure Squid when inside a HTTP proxy

And spend some time eyeing over the comments in squid.conf.default.
There is tons of useful features in Squid that you probably haven't
ever dreamed of..

To make a long criteria short: If there is a way that you can reach
the Internet using Netscape or any other browser on a Linux box (or
mostly any other non-Windows box or a standard Windows box with no MS
proxy extras installed), then Squid can too.

available on request