Re: [squid-users] Problems when creating swap directories

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:39:39 +0000

On 28-Feb-02 at 11:07, Francisco Costa's inspired musing was thus :

> I've just installed squid Version 2.3.STABLE4 from suse, i'm running suse
> 7.3, after spending one afternoon going throught the documentation and
> squid.conf.
> I tried to run squid -z to create the swap directories but:
>
> What file i might be missing ? Do I have to touch files or sth ? File
> permissions wrong ?

Did you create the directory specified in cache_dir?
Is that directory owned by the squid user?

You should create the directory yourself and chown squid.squid <cache_dir>
[if squid is the user your squid process runs as]

Then squid -z should not complain.

--
|-Simon White
|-Internet Services Manager