[squid-users] Please! Please! Someone Answer, Squid is killing Me

From: MacDermat <macdermat@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 21:00:06 +0330

Hello

I am sorry for the title but I have been a member since 40 days ago and I
have asked this question serveral times but no one has bothered himself to
reply.

I have installed squid 2.4 and 2.3 (last releases) for a small ISP. It works
properly but suddenly it starts eating all the available bandwidth (1MB/s)
while users use only 100Kb/s and this situation lasts for about 15-45
minutes. I am sure this is not normal. Users are connected to us through 56K
modems. During this situation no one can receive more than 0.4Kbit/s.

ISP calls me every time (last night at 2AM) and has destroyed my everyday
life.

I have disconnected all windows machines and everything I could do to find
the source which uses this bandwidth. Finally I am sure (%99) that squid
itself is responsible.

Anyone has seen such a thing. Any comments?

Regards,
Mac