Re: [squid-users] ID/PW auth?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 22:40:00 -0600

There are lots of ways to authenticate with Squid. NCSA is the simplest
and uses standard htpasswd style files. pam_auth will authenticate
against a PAM password source--such as the shadow passwd file on a Linux
box. NTLM (in 2.5+) will authenticate an IE browser without user
intervention (i.e. no login window). And that's not all...

But what specifically, do you need to to? I don't have your original
post, so I don't know if you mentioned any specifics in it (probably
not, as someone probably would have said more on the subject). Just
saying ID/PW auth leaves a lot up in the air...

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com