[squid-users] mod_gzip for squid ?

From: Christian Bjerre <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 19:38:25 +0100

I'm running a website, where I use squid to sit infront of apache and
serve
static files (.html .js .gif .png .jpg), but I really would it to serve
my
.php files as well, just WITHOUT caching them

The reason to let squid serve the pages is that our website have many
oversees
users and there are eating tons of apache threads (yes - I use
keepalive).

Another goal is to let squid gzip the html, since I have squid on
another
machine, where cputime is not an issue.

Is it complete nonsene and should I reread the squid manual or have
anyone
setup a scenario like the above and found it usefull ?

// chris