Re: [squid-users] avoid error pages

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:55:01 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, wawan wrote:

> please help me to avoid all of squid error pages, I dont want to
> display all of error pages generated by squid. Any ideas ?

Write a custom error page that has <!-- comments --> only. Use
appropriate escape codes inside the comments to ease debugging and
disable default Squid signature. Then, replace all error page files
supplied with your Squid distribution with your custom page file.

If you want to reset the connection instead, see Duane Wessel's hack:
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200108/0410.html
Hint: you will need to apply the patch and put the word "reset" into
every error page file.

If none of the above is acceptable, please tell what you want to
happen instead of a squid error page sent to the client or the
connection being reset (something has to happen when there is an
error).

Alex.