Re: [squid-users] Number of clients accessing cache: 9772

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 01:39:43 -0600

Edward Millington wrote:
> The value does not decrease over a period of time.

Right. It's cumulative. It is the number of unique IPs that have hit
your cache.

> Right now very few people on my land is access cache.
>
> I have block all access from outside exist to webhosting sites.
>
> So no one(world) can use my cache to browsed.

Then you're fine. This number doesn't discriminate against users who
are DENIED. It is simply the number of IPs that hit the cache. Ignore
it, it is basically useless except as an indicator of potential abuse
(if you haven't blocked non-local users from using your proxy).

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com