Re: [squid-users] No transparency...

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:20:12 +0000

20-Mar-02 at 03:12, Studmuffin (justin@axcessisp.net) wrote :
> Can somebody please explain excactly what I need in squid.conf to make it a
transparent proxy. I looked at the squid-cache site and checked the .conf file
of a proxy we had running transparent and copied almost verbatim the config
(We're using delay pools now and that box wouldn't do it). It works if it's
set-up in the browser to use the proxy but not otherwise. Is there a way to
force a browser to detect proxy settings again? Do y'all want my config file
posted so you can tell me what's wrong?

Are you getting the packets to Squid via a router, layer 3 switch, a firewall,
or by using Squid as your default gateway with iptables / ipchains? This has
as much to do with it as anything else. Squid can only be transparent if
packets get to it.

--
John Lennon:--v [Simon White. vim/mutt/Linux. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS: 46.41%]
Sometimes we sit and read other people's interpretations of our lyrics