Re: [squid-users] No transparency...

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:23:32 +0100

> Studmuffin wrote:
>
> Can somebody please explain excactly what I need in squid.conf to make
> it a transparent proxy. I looked at the squid-cache site and checked
> the .conf file of a proxy we had running transparent and copied almost
> verbatim the config (We're using delay pools now and that box wouldn't
> do it). It works if it's set-up in the browser to use the proxy but
> not otherwise. Is there a way to force a browser to detect proxy
> settings again? Do y'all want my config file posted so you can tell me
> what's wrong?

 The basic issue is, that you need more then changes to squid.conf
to get a transparant proxy setup.
You need a device in your network, usually a router, to redirect
http requests to your proxy.
Both must know about each other, and must be properly configured.

M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM