[squid-users] many clients issue

From: Payal <rpayal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 23:07:43 -0500

Hi all,
I have till now used suqid at my home and at place where it had to server
only 5-6 clients. I just use the default squid installation and tweak a few
things in default squid.conf file. The only extra thing I do is use a
redirector to zap out ads. I am using it more like a caching proxy than
anthing else.
Now me and my friend are going to install squid at a place where it will
serve about 150-200 clients atleast at a given time. What extra
things/precautions do I have to take care of?
Are there any docs I should refer for this big installs. I will be having a
machine with Mandrake Linux 8 or above, with around 40Gb h/d, atleast 256Mb
RAM with P-III processor. Do I need a better conf? This machine will also act
as email server with a small mail volume.
Thanks a lot and waiting for the reply.
-Payal