Re: [squid-users] Authentication & TACACS+

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 02:43:57 +0100

I don't know if anyone has written a TACACS helper to Squid, but if you
have a TACACS client library then writing a helper to Squid is very
quite easily done. A Squid auth helper is no more than a program reading
"username <space> password" pairs from stdin and returning "OK" or "ERR"
on stdout (remember to turn off buffering).

There is auth helpers for
  * NCSA style Password files
  * NIS/YP
  * PAM
  * LDAP
  * SMB (several differen implementations)
  * Radius
  * And a lot more..

Regards
Henrik Nordström