Re: [squid-users] NDS-Authentification, Setup

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 01:35:29 +0100

LDAP as such do not support contextless logins. A LDAP login MUST
specify the entire DN of the user, such as

UID=henrik,OU=People,DC=marasystems,DC=com

As this is somewhat cumbersome for users to use, all programs supporting
LDAP logins has context location capabilities. In case of Squid the LDAP
login helper supports two different modes:

  1. Static single context

  2. Dynamic context, where the LDAP user DN is located by searching.

It is assumed that the login name is unique in the whole LDAP tree.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer