Re: [squid-users] simple questions

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 03:35:35 -0600

Squid does not exhibit problems with any 2.96 GCC from Red Hat I have
used in any environment in which I have used it.

I use gcc-2.96-95 on RH 7.1 regularly for all of my testing, and I
haven't found any problems yet. I have had occasional suspicions about
the compiler (because of the stink people raised about it), but have
always found the problem to lie elsewhere--and I wasted quite a lot of
time that could have been spent chasing the actual problem. There is an
old piece of programming advice something to the effect of "It's not the
compiler that is wrong." I now take this advice seriously.

Just my .02.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com