Re: [squid-users] simple questions

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 03:09:06 +0100

Simon White wrote:

> I agree, although RedHat have updated the compiler with 7.1 in their
> errata and although still 2.96 it's a later version. Maybe the compiler
> isn't at fault, maybe it is the code of mysql and other apps with
> problems. But if they work correctly with other compilers, maybe it's
> better to use another compiler. All we are establishing here is that
> probably Squid has clean enough code to not fall foul of what MySQL has
> /possibly/ fallen foul of.

I am more than happy to have Squid tested with as many compilers as
possible. So far every new compiler tested has revealed a bunch of
coding errors.

However, anyone into this mood should use Squid-2.5 or later. We have no
large interest in increasing portability of "old" releases (including
what is currently "STABLE" at the time).

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer