Re: [squid-users] warning message with squid 2.4.STABLE6

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 03:33:04 +0100

Eric Doutreleau wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have just installed squid 2.4STABLE6 with aufs support.
> I use NUM_THREAD=128 but i got from time to time this message
> on the cache.log file
> 2002/03/26 12:33:05| aio_queue_request: WARNING - Queue congestion
>
> I have 3 cache directory on 3 different disk
>
> how can i cope with this message?

If the message is sporadic then ignore it.

If you get the message for lengthy periods of time then

1. Make sure you have sufficient amount of ram

2. Install one more drive.

Note: 128 threads is defenitely overkill. If anything it is most likely
to cause some performance degration and very poor response times when
under load.

This is ofcourse assuming your are using an OS where aufs is recommended
(mainly Linux or Solaris). If you are using a *BSD OS then aufs must not
be used, instead use diskd there.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer