Re: [squid-users] Can't get transparent to work with squid and RH7.2

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:46:59 +0200

On RedHat-7.2 with the latest kernel updates you will need to build
your own kernel as the installed kernel source cannot currently be
used for building additional modules to the precompiled kernels..

1. Install the current RedHat 7.2 kernel-source package (currently
kernel-source-2.4.9-31.i386.rpm)

2. Go to /usr/src/linux-2.4/configs and figure out which of the
RedHat kernel configurations matches the kernel you are running.

3. cp kernel-2.4.9-i686.config ../.config
   (replacing the kernel-2.4.9-i686.config with the correct config
for your box)

Then follow the normal kernel compilation guidelines and the Squid
FAQ references on how to build ip_wccp.o or the patched ip_gre.o

available on request