Re: [squid-users] Squid Authenticators

From: Mike Diggins <diggins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 22:16:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) wrote:

> On Monday 08 April 2002 02:34, Mike Diggins wrote:
>
> > I didn't think it was working at all until I noticed the following
> > day when squid rotated the log files one userid and password in my
> > outfile. I presume it was the last one that I entered.
>
> Maybe you have forgotten to turn off output buffering for the log
> file? In such case the output will likely only be shown when you
> rotate the logs.. (helpers are then restarted).

Output buffering in my squid.conf is off (by default).

It looks like the program is working but it does only write out the file
during a squid -k rotate (which I can live with). What was throwing me off
was the fact that once I authenticate, squid "remembers" me and doesn't
pass credentials to the authenticator again if it's within the
authenticate_ttl. That would explain why I would only see one entry per id
even though I exited and re-authenticated from my browser several times.
Does this sound right?

-Mike