Re: [squid-users] Squid Authenticators

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:06:31 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Mike Diggins wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) wrote:
>
> > On Monday 08 April 2002 02:34, Mike Diggins wrote:
> >
> > > I didn't think it was working at all until I noticed the following
> > > day when squid rotated the log files one userid and password in my
> > > outfile. I presume it was the last one that I entered.
> >
> > Maybe you have forgotten to turn off output buffering for the log
> > file? In such case the output will likely only be shown when you
> > rotate the logs.. (helpers are then restarted).
>
> Output buffering in my squid.conf is off (by default).

Not what Henrik was referring to. If you look at your script you'll see
repeated:

        select FILE;
        $| = 1;

In fact it's there for each of the files (processes) open except for
"$outfile". If you are getting very little output to $outfile, the os
buffering will be delaying the output until there's a full bugger or the
file is closed. SO, after opening $outfile, you need to:

        select OUTFILE; # or whatever
        $| = 1;

Colin

--