[squid-users] cache misses

From: Van Bossche Koen <Koen.VanBossche@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:22:40 +0200

Hi,

I had problems in 3 countries with there local squid boxes going to the
internet thru the parent. Performance was pretty slow. The issue was time
synchronisation. I had it only installed on the parent ones and installed
ntp now on all. It immediatly reflected and performance seems is ok, except
for 1 local box.
The cachemgr.cgi mentions high values for Cache Misses and Near Hits :
HTTP Requests (All): 2.13280 1.91442
Cache Misses: 2.50793 2.50793
Cache Hits: 0.00194 0.05633
Near Hits: 2.13280 1.91442
Not-Modified Replies: 0.03427 0.06286
DNS Lookups: 0.00190 0.00278
ICP Queries: 0.00000 0.00000

I assume since the Near Hits are this high that they have a problem on their
local lan or on the box itself. Is that correct?

regards,
./koen