Re: AW: [squid-users] Web page loads reaaaally slow

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:44:36 -0500

Everyone should be running 2.4STABLE6. It is likely the best Squid yet.

Your problem is something else...Have you tried my RPMs for Red Hat?

http://www.swelltech.com/support/squidpackages.html

At least then we'll know that Squid has nothing broken in it (most
likely--the only complaints I've heard about the packages are that the
serial numbers on the official Red Hat Squid packages make them appear
newer...but --oldpackage gets around that with no trouble).

Next step is to insure that the hp.com site behaves itself without Squid
on a client running on the Squid box itself--i.e. browse hp.com with a
browser or wget running on the Squid machine, but don't go through
Squid. This will insure your network settings aren't broken.

I'd recommend grabbing the latest kernel RPM from Red Hat, as well.
2.4.7 has many known broken bits. I can oops it at will with Squid on
an ext3 fs.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com