Re: [squid-users] How to program automatic http basic authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 14:34:01 +0200

The redirector interface of Squid can be used to add user credentials on
forwarded requests by using the Internet URL standard syntax

  http://user:password@host/path/to/file

Meaning, if you use a redirector that for the sites in question makes
rewrites like

From: http://host/path/to/file
To: http://user:password@host/path/to/file

Then Squid will automatically log in as "user" with the password
"password", unless other credentials are supplied by the web browser.