Re: [squid-users] Strange htaccess problem

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:03:58 -0500

Huh?

Squid does nothing with Apache's .htaccess files...Squid doesn't know
they exist, doesn't read them, doesn't think about them at all. Squid
also will not ask the browser to authenticate unless you have explicitly
configured Squid to use some form of authentication.

Check to be sure Squid isn't configured to authenticate users (i.e.
'authenticate_program' and 'acl' and 'http_access' directives are not
configured for authentication...this is obviously not the default, so
unless you've done it yourself this isn't the cause of your troubles).

Next step, take Squid out of the picture for testing and see if the
behavior persists. If it does, fix your Apache, and put Squid back in.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com