Re: [squid-users] Unable to view dynamic content of external site

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 22:46:19 +0200

Are you using transparent inteception caching? If so, does it help to
configure the browser to use the proxy?

Note: If the site utilizes a java applet making direct (non-HTTP)
calls to the server then these cannot be proxied and the applet must
be allowed to talk directly to the required ports on the server.

On Monday 06 May 2002 19:34, Philip Thompson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I administer 3 squid proxy servers for a company with a large
> intranet. We've recently started having a problem with an external
> site to which access to is required.
>
> Most of the page loads, however 2-3 sections which use dynamic
> content never show up. My workstation is on an administrative VLAN
> which doesn't require proxies and it works perfectly.
>
> I have no idea why this happens...
>
> I've tried several variations of the no_cache variable... nothing.
> acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin .js .jar .class .dyn \?
> no_cache deny QUERY
>
> I'm running Squid Cache: Version 2.3.STABLE4 on Solaris 2.6. Any
> help/ideas would be very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Phil.

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/producs/