[squid-users] Re: SQUID 2.5/2.6 & Openssl

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 00:04:04 +0200

Normally you should be using a real SSL certificate, not a dummy
self-signed one.

Many SSL Certificate Authorities have instructions on how to request
a certificate from them using OpenSSL tools, and often including how
to generate a temporary self-signed certificate for use while waiting
for the real issued certificate.

Note: There is no Squid specific OpenSSL options required for
generating a self-signed certificate for use by Squid. The procedure
is the same for all OpenSSL based servers.

But I probably agree that there may be a need of a SSL section in the
Squid FAQ, covering some of the basics of SSL and OpenSSL.. Any
volunteer for writing such a section (or a FAQ maintainer in
general)?