Re: [squid-users] Corrupt downloads via squid cache

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 09:47:48 +0930

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 11:54:16PM +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> especially so on these kinds of problems which only seems to
> appear in very few installations..

Yes, it seems to be an odd combination of circumstances that make this
happen - I am wondering if there is a race condition that may be
happening.

> To verify the case: Have you verified that the problem is indeed at
> the campus/ISP cache, and not caused locally? I.e. do you see the
> same kind of corruption when using the campus/ISP cache directly,
> bypassing any local proxies..

I, for one, can say that it was definitely a problem caused by an
interaction between our squid cache and the ISP's squid cache. When I
changed our external squid cache to always go direct files that were
previously _always_ corrupted were downloaded successfully. During my
testing I tried bypassing our internal squid caches and used our
external squid - the files were corrupted when the external squid
parented from the ISP.

--
Brett Lymn