Re: [squid-users] equal bandwidth

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:34:16 +0200

On Monday 13 May 2002 21:27, Alexander Dudko wrote:

> But what is about TCP window size? Why it is likely? Could you
> explain or give some links?

When you use very small pool sizes, the impact of the pre-buffering
effect of the TCP window can become quite significant.

delay_pools control how fast Squid will read data from the network,
the TCP window control how much data the kernel will buffer for Squid
to read.

> Any I don't understand: "The least available amount of both pool
> limits apply". If I have following configuration, for example:
> delay_pools 1
> delay_class 1 2
> delay_access 1 allow allowed_hosts
> delay_access 1 deny all
> delay_parametrs 1 16000/16000 400/400
>
> And there are 40 users in our network. But now 20 of them is
> absent. In this case, how many byte per second does each present
> user have, in reality? Can squid automatically increase the
> bandwidth of each present user in order to fill all 16000 bytes of
> incoming traffic?

No, each user will be allocated the least of the two available
amounts. No user will ever be allocated more than 400, and if all
your users compete for more than 16000 then each user will be
allocated less than 400.

Your source of advanced web reverse proxying solutions
http://www.marasystems.com/products/