Re: [squid-users] resolving local websites

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:28:27 +0200

Another option is to teach Squid about these internal hosts, allowing users
to proxy requests to reach your servers.

Squid can be tought of the precense of these hosts by either
* /etc/hosts locally on the Squid server (Note: requires Squid to be built
with --disable-internal-dns in Squid versions 2.3 and 2.4)
* Running a MS DNS server with fallback on WINS, and configure Squid to use
this in combination with append_local_domain to resolve the host names to IP.
* Or a number of other methods, including cache_peer based request routing
and other funny approaches.

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized