Re: [squid-users] squid-2.5.PRE7 - NTLM AUTH

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:46:52 +0200

Tomas Palfi wrote:

> is there a documentation for the ntlm support for squid-2.5.PRE7
> i have successful compilation of squid-2.5.PRE7 with ntlm and msnt auth ,
> but it's cracking me, rather than i am cracking it. all it says in the
> access.log, TCP_DENIED/407 1499, and there are no other error messg no
> entries.

There is a small amount of documentation at
http://devel.squid-cache.org/ntlm/.

ntlm_auth -h also gives some usage on the helper options and alike.

> I also find some references to the msntauth.conf file which i
> haven't got in the installation at all.

msntauth.conf is for the Basic MSNT authenticator, not ntlm_auth.

> could i run it just with the NTLM auth only??

Yes, if you like. Just don't configure any "auth_param basic program...".

Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized
Squid solutions. http://www.marasystems.com/products/