Re: [squid-users] Squid behind MS Proxy (part ii)

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 12:58:47 +0200

"K.V. Chandrinos" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> as you may remember I have a Linux box with Squid behind an MS Proxy 2.0.
>
> After the clear and authortative answer by Henrik (no NTLM authentication
> to upstream) I broke the arm of the NT Domain administrator and he
> switched to Basic authentication.
>
> I can now see the Web through browsers (interactive login first time) but
> my Squid doesn't go through (Network unreachable). Something I must do at
> configuration level to authenticate Squid as a Web client?

 'Network unreachable' is a suspicous message : where do you see this
 error, cache.log or somewhere else ?

 As fas as authenticating is concerned, to a parent using basic
 http authentication, see the cache_peer examples in squid.conf, and
 specifically it is mentioned somewhere how a username and a password
 can be specified when configuring a parent.

 M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM