Re: [squid-users] VERY slow response

From: David Beards <d.beards@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:17:04 +1000

Hi Henrik / Hermann,

This is something that had crossed my mind but I don't believe it to be
the case. We have a couple of other small processes runing on the same
servers, all of which behave themselves (and one of them can be very
unforgiving).

I checked the cache log of the parent and there are no errors at all.
I'll know shortly if there is some weird problem there as we are about
to install a new server. I'm hoping this will shed some light on the
problem.

The only conclusion I can come up with at this stage is that the caches
are overloaded. The normal connection method is to connect to the
sibling cache for all access. When I get no response I change the proxy
configuration of the client to talk to the parent cache and find that it
is running at what I would call a normal speed. It's almost as if the
sibling losses contact with the parent.

David

--
David Beards