Re: [squid-users] Transparent Proxy / Accelerator Mode

From: Geffrey Velásquez <gvelasquez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 22:20:38 -0500

Thanks Henrik. Please friends, I need more help...

I was reading the user guide and saw something like this:
http_port 80
-> but could I have in transparent/acelerator proxy:
-> http_port 80 8080

I'm redirecting with iptables connections destinated to port 80 to port 8080
on the same machine:
iptables -A PREROUTING -i $INTERNAL_IF -p tcp --dport 80 -j
REDIRECT --to-port 8080
With this all internal machines are working good with the transparent
proxy... but.. now I ... want to redirect all request destinated to the
external IP web server to squid, could I continue redirecting to port 8080?
and squid will open a connection to the web server?...

Also.. I found this ACL in user guide

acl acceleratedHost dst 10.0.0.5
acl acceleratedPort 80
http_access allow acceleratedHost acceleratedPort

Squid uses hosts and dns to resolv domain names ... how squid knows which
server 10.0.0.5 is?

(sorry about my English)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,