Re: [squid-users] trouble with POST and squid-2.4.STABLE6

From: Eric D. Hendrickson <edh@dont-contact.us>
Date: 12 Jun 2002 20:14:07 -0500

I'm back to looking at this problem again and I may have found a
clue. I think I need to find out how to disable squid from adding a
"Connection: close" header. How do I do that?

> > 1022705954.849 142 <my.ip> TCP_MISS/200 5601 GET http://<external.FQDN>/pgLogin.html - DIRECT/<ip.of.external.FQDN> text/html
> > 1022705973.164 11445 <my.ip> TCP_MISS/200 357 POST http://<external.FQDN>/pgLogin.html - DIRECT/<ip.of.external.FQDN> text/html
> >
> > Can anyone give me some pointers on what I am missing to make this
> > work?
>
> As far as the above log, it seems it actually did work... You got
> pgLogin.html, posted some data there and got a successful reply back.

I'm using squid 2.4STABLE6 as a reverse proxy for a Silverstream 3.7.1
server. The top level page is a login form, and a successful login
against the Silverstream server causes the following things to happen:

1. The original window is redirected to another URL
2. A popup window loads the original URL for use during this
session, authenticated by a session cookie.

Attempting to login via the proxy simply results in the original
window reloading the original URL again (the login form). (Caching is
disabled via the null cache_dir type.)

Using curl to view the HTTP headers I get back when I submit (POST)
the form, we see the following from Silverstream, followed by what we
get from squid:

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Cache-Control: no-cache