Re: [squid-users] New Windows Update

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:24:12 -0500

Just in case no one else has replied: Upgrade to 2.4STABLE6, and then
tell us whether Windows Update has a problem. It isn't feasible for
volunteer support mechanisms to handle requests regarding old Squid
versions (2.2STABLE5 has been unsupported by anyone for over a year).
None of us are running 2.2STABLE5, so we can't reasonably test your
problems.

It is likely due to missing HTTP methods in your Squid version.
Microsoft uses a number of new methods for their update service, which
are not supported in older Squid versions.

And it may even be possible to 2.4STABLE6 doesn't have a needed method,
but you can add them easily at runtime in 2.4.

I haven't heard any complaints from my ISP clients yet regarding
Microsoft Update, so I'm guessing there are no problems in 2.4STABLE6
(or at the very least, the additional methods we list in our
configuration files cover whatever additional methods are needed to make
it work).

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.