[squid-users] SQUID + ANTIVIRUS

From: Rohit Peyyeti <rohit@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 20:39:03 +0530

Hello All:

I have a tricky situation to handle. I introduced SQUID few weeks back and
it works like a charm. I am planning to get ourselves trend's Viruswall
installed on our gateway machine which runs SQUID with transparent
proxying.

I don't know if I can hook this up (Antivirus software) to my existing
setup without having to configure individual workstation browsers to
redirect to port 80 (on which antivirus software is listening).

Anitvirus software actually sits on the gateway and proxies all the
requests in & out after filtering it.

Can this be possible?
- HTTP -> ANTIVIRUS -> SQUID (without SQUID loosing where the request came from)

Or?
- HTTP -> SQUID -> ANTIVIRUS

Any suggestions here?

...Rohit