Re: [squid-users] SQUID + ANTIVIRUS

From: <nicob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:20:37 +0200

> I don't know if I can hook this up (Antivirus software) to my existing
> setup without having to configure individual workstation browsers to
> redirect to port 80 (on which antivirus software is listening).
>
> Anitvirus software actually sits on the gateway and proxies all the
> requests in & out after filtering it.

> - HTTP -> SQUID -> ANTIVIRUS

I would suggest this kind of traffic flow.
Squid can do authentification and caching, and forwards to the Trend VirusWall scanner via the cache_peer
configuration item.

On one of my boxes :

"cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 88 7 no-query no-digest no-netdb-exchange default"

VirusWall is listening on port 88, which is authorized (via iptables) only on the loopback device.

Works like a charm ...

Nicob