Re: [squid-users] New Windows Update

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:32:19 -0500

Shawn Barnhart wrote:

>>I haven't heard any complaints from my ISP clients yet regarding
>>Microsoft Update, so I'm guessing there are no problems in 2.4STABLE6
>>(or at the very least, the additional methods we list in our
>>configuration files cover whatever additional methods are needed to make
>>it work).
>

> Care to list your other methods? It'd be nice to have it work fast,
> especially considering its the more practical way to get incremental updates
> for most Windows versions.

extension_methods SEARCH SUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE POLL BCOPY BPROPPATCH
GNUTELLA

Some of those are probably already in 2.5. All of them probably should be.

I think you can find out if missing methods are the issue just by
looking in the cache.log when you make the request. Squid complains
about unknown methods. That's how I gathered most of these...Just
spotted them in logs on a machine, and added it to the list. After that
it doesn't complain anymore.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.