[squid-users] 50 requests per second?

From: <Mark.H.Price@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:06:00 -0400

I have successfully tested squid with transparent caching, and it is
working well for about 100 users. I am going to be deploying squid for
about 5000 users. I estimate that the proxy will need to easily handle
50 requests per second, and perhaps up to 80 or 100 during peak usage
times.

Does anyone have experience with a cache server serving with such
a large user base?

I am undecided whether I will be using a tree or mesh, but load balancing
will be necessary. The platform of choice is RedHat Linux.

thanks

Mark