Re: [squid-users] Re: Language

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 22:09:39 -0500

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 July 2002 14.19, Marc Elsen wrote:
>
>>Another user wrote:
>>
>>>if u have compiled squid u must have forgot to add replce,ment
>>>policies=heap ... u can add it again in ur configuration ,
>>>recompile & start using the same squid conf else use onlt **lru**
>>>as replacement policies !!
>>

>> p.s: I firmly believe that when posting or answering questions
>> on the list, the rules of the English language should
>> be fully honored.
>

> I agree, except for the word fully.. there are many persons, myself
> included, who do not by far fully know the rules of the English
> language (I almost failed English in school).
>
> I almost cannot read the text from "Another user" above. If I am to
> read it I have to rewrite the text in my mind and then read it. The
> letters do not at all sound like english words in my mind, forcing me
> to read the text many times (5-10 times) before I understand it.

You aren't alone in that Henrik. I have trouble reading such
mispellings myself, and English is my only language and I've been
speaking it, reading it, and writing it for 25+ years. I suppose if one
spends a lot of time on IRC these kinds of abbreviations are more
legible, but it takes me at least twice as long to read messages with
this type of spelling (so they just don't get read).

I don't expect everyone to speak eloquently, or with perfect English
grammar or even spelling...but this kind of spelling isn't very nice to
read.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.