[squid-users] one user per ip?

From: Waitman C. Gobble, II <waitman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:19:10 -0700

hello

I am running squid-2.4.STABLE7 built from source on a redhat 7.2 i686 box. I
configured using --enable-auth-module="PAM".

let's pretend I have two user accounts 'doug' and 'bob'. if I log in as bob
and visit some web sites, then close my browser and
try to log in as doug I get the access denied, password no good page from
squid. If I go to my server and do a

/etc/rc.d/init.d/squid reconfigure

then it lets me log in as doug. furthermore, if I then try to log in as bob,
i get the access denied, password no good.

this is a simplistic view of my bigger problem, which is having 6 machines
behind a dhcp gateway on a single ip, and six proxy accounts.
inside the gateway each machine has a non-public ip address. the cache sits
outside the gateway, with a public ip.

If one machine hooks up to the cache then all the other machines, using
different accounts, get denied until i

/etc/rc.d/init.d/squid reconfigure

(or stop/start squid).

any comments/suggestions/etc would be greatly appreciated.

thanks and best

waitman gobble