Re: [squid-users] 301 Moved Permanently: bug?

From: Florin Andrei <florin@dont-contact.us>
Date: 12 Jul 2002 11:34:37 -0700

On Fri, 2002-07-12 at 04:58, Henrik Nordström wrote:
> What did Squid receive from the web server?

For the moment, i cannot run a sniffer on the proxy server.
I'll investigate that soon.

> Did the web server close the connection? (was there a FIN sent by the web
> server?)

I'm not sure about that when i used the proxy (no sniffer on the proxy
yet).

When i browsed directly, there was no FIN sent by the webserver after
the 301 message. The browser just re-asked for the URL, this time
containing the FQHN instead of the non-qualified hostname, and
everything went on just fine.
That didn't happened when browsing through the proxy. The workstation
just sent a few ACKs and then a couple of RSTs.

> Did Squid close the connection? (was there a FIN sent by Squid?)

No.

> What I am missing in this reply stream is a reply entity following the
> headers..

What do you mean?

--
Florin Andrei
Speeding never killed anyone. Stopping did.