Re: RE: [squid-users] What hardware shou

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 19:46:49 +0200

If you want to get reasonable answers to this question you need to provide
some other metrics than users..

What really matters for sizing a Squid installation is the following two
questions?

1. How much web bandwidth to you estimate your users will be using?

2. How many days of cache would you like to keep?

The first determines the bandwidth and requests/s, which in turn gives the
amount of CPU, required number of harddrives or number of boxes you will
need.

Both in combination determines the recommended size of your cache, which tells
how much disk space and memory you will need.

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized